Friday 28 August 2015

President Muhammad Buhari Please Hear Our Cry

A cry from a Nigerian to the Federal Government of Nigeria to President Muhammad Buhari Face Of Environment Events News "FEE NEWS". At the inception, my heart trembled for the outbreak of the rumour that went viral on social networks, sent to "FIM's MULTIMEDIA BLOG MAIL" by NIS 2015 recruits personnel in a  state who pleaded to remain UN disclose, that their induction programme has being placed on suspension by the Service .
             A flash stream
  #NIS2015RecruitsTrueTales. Blood,sweat,tears,joy,laughter,bonds! Let's not create a generation that would lose faith in Nigeria.

To me, I still don't believe until 24th of August , 2015 when the Comptroller  of Immigration  Service disseminated the information to us simultaneously that the 3months induction programme has been  suspended base on a circular sent from NIS Headquarters Abuja, stating that 1,600 officers were recruited into the service "illegally".

How could this be?

The recruitment exercise was advertised and as it was known that majority of the youth gallivanting around are jobless and those not jobless still seek for greener pasture, interested youth all over the federation obtained the application form online.

C.B.T examination was conducted in some designated areas across the Nation, I noticed virtually every applicant with South-West home address did their C.B.T examination at Charms City Plaza in Lagos, those in the Norther part of the Country did theirs in Abuja  while Port Harcourt and Enugu was also a centre for the South-southerners.
I worked In Niger  State  but my name appeared  in the South West region because I used my home address in filling the form online.

I got an e-mail from NIS that I passed the C.B.T and I have been shortlisted for the oral interview and physical exercise  designated to hold in my State Command. I went as instructed by the Service and I was amazed that a recruitment exercise particularly at the federal level  could be this free and fair. My height and chest were measured, checked my knees,tested my sight and my ability to hear clearly. Series of questions were asked by the officials based on the area of study at school and also series of verifications were carried out on all certificates presented that very day.

I left for Niger State  the second day hoping to receive a reply to my application  from the Service . To my surprise,I received a mail days after that due to my performance in the C.B.T exam,physical examination and oral interview,I have been  given a provisional appointment into the Nigeria Immigration Service and am expected to come for my provisional appointment letter at Nigeria Immigration Training School, Orlu, Imo State(NITSOL). I immediately called some of my friends that we applied together but it was painful that I was the only fortunate applicant shortlisted out of twelve that applied among my friends.

It wasn't easy gathering money,travelling to Niger state, Imo State and Rivers State especially during the period of fuel scarcity in the country. It took me a week before I could get my appointment letter because of the proper scrutinization exercise  by the NIS officials on everyone's certificates before issuing out the appointment letters.

Once you get the letter,your posting letter follows and we were all posted to our respective Commands in our States of origin (NIS) for 3months induction.

I quickly resigned from my place of work and came down to the South-West to commence my induction programme as stated in the posting letter.

The induction started on the 1st of June , 2015 which encapsulated and encompasses lot of rigorous exercises like early morning jogging (25km) starting from 6:00am even though reporting by 5:00am every day before the commencement, parade and drills, fatigue, just to mention but a few.
Most of the recruit have resigned from different places of work, rented  apartments, some have even borrowed money so as to survive pending the time we start getting salary, some spent heavily on transportation, feeding, buying of induction materials (white socks, white vest, white shorts, white tennis e.t.c)

Our passing out parade has been  scheduled for 1st of September , 2015 at which we have been  parading under the sun and in the rain, drills from the instructors and so on. We have gotten our accoutrements and prepared our minds towards that glorious day when the heart breaking circular came that after 3months far spent with rigorous exercise during the induction, we were placed on suspension.

Am writing on behalf of myself and other 2015 NIS recruits across the Nation that the Federal Government should please have mercy on us and consider the 3months we have spent (money spent on feeding and transportation for that 3months, some that have forfeited their jobs to secure this (recruitment), time spent and others).

We implore the Federal Government and President Muhammed Buhari not to cancel the recruitment exercise , lift the suspension and restore us back to service on time. Please help post this on your blog at "FIM's MULTIMEDIA"            

                     Anonymous

Hear our cry 
Hear our cry Mr President
Please Hear Our Cry As A Father To All

Long Live The Nigeria Immigration Service

Long Live President Muhammad Buhari

Long Live The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment